Media Objects Conference
You are here
Schedule of Events
Panel 1: Materiality / Immateriality
Friday, October 23, 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Electrical Penetration Graph, Owen Marshall, Science and Technology Studies
- Lyre, Matt Kilbane, English
- Photograph of a Paperback Page of Runes on Tumbler, Jane Glaubman, English
- Sensory Deprivation Apparatus, Jeffrey Mathias, Science and Technology Studies
- YouTube Algorithm, Tarleton Gillespie, Communication & Information Science, Senior Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research
"Your Eyes are Spectral Machines: Live Projector Performance by Luis Macías"
- Location: Cornell Cinema
Panel 2: Textuality
Friday, November 13th, 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Gazette of India: Extraordinary Notices and the Publication of Authority, Natasha Raheja, Anthropology
- Internet Love Poetry Collection, Andrew Campana, Asian Studies
- Lucipo Listserv, Marty Cain, English
- Russkie Muzhiki (Russian Peasants) bark-bound book of paintings, Ksenia Pavlenko, History of Art and Visual Studies
- Photoliptophone, Sam Carter, Romance Studies
Panel 3: Bodies/Intimacy
Friday, December 4th, 3:30-5:00 pm.
Panel 4: Limits of the Object
Date TBD, Spring 2021
- AEG Hygiene Museum, Alena Williams, Cornell Society for the Humanities, Film and Media History/Theory in the Department of Visual Arts (UC San Diego)
- Cockpit, Branden Hookway, Architecture
- Digital Surrogates, Marsha Taichman, Cornell University Library
- Mega-event Meteor Craters, Jennifer Minner, Nathan Revor, and Martin Abbott, City and Regional Planning
- Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media Art, Timothy Murray, Comparative Literature, English, and Cornell Council for the Arts
Through October 16:
"Electrifying Music: The Life and Legacy of Robert Moog"
Hirshland Exhibition Gallery, Carl A. Kroch Library
Through June 14:
"Lai Fong (ca. 1839-1890): Photographer of China"
Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art